Memorandum: Job Counselor/Resource Room Consultant
25 Sep 2018
Minnesota program, inc. CEP
803 Roosevelt Avenue • P.O. Box 1108 • Detroit Lakes, Minnesota 56502-1108 (218) 846-7400 • www.rmcep.com www.facebook.com/RMCEP
Date: September 24, 2018
From: Vicki Leaderbrand
Position Number: 18-10 (Extended)
Re: Position Vacancy
Regular Full-Time Position
Position: Job Counselor/Resource Room Consultant
Location: Little Falls WorkForce Center
Hiring Authority: Sue Hilgart Program Manager
Address: Rural Minnesota CEP, Inc.
609 13th Avenue NE, Suite G Little Falls, MN 56345
(320) 616-2424 FAX
Filing Deadline: October 8, 2018
Salary: Entry Level Grade 9
$17.34/hour to $20.04/hour
Primary Objectives of Position: Promotes and facilitates the use of the Resource Room technical and informational resources for WorkForce Center customers. Provides information about careers, job openings, and labor market information. Conducts Job Search workshops. Provides a variety of counseling services for the purpose of assisting agency clients to become self-supporting by planning for, securing, and maintaining employment.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in psychology, counseling, social and human services or commensurate experience. English language proficient. Must work effectively in a teamstructured client services delivery system. Able to deal with people individually or in groups Experience in working with groups and/or facilitating group meetings. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Computer skills to include word processing, email, internet, and accessing information. No prior history of client abuse. Possess a valid driver's license and be able to travel locally, providing own means of transport.
Preferred Qualifications: Exceptional written, verbal, analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills. Familiarity with computer programs for assessment or skills development. Knowledge of Workforce One, Excel Spreadsheet software, and Microsoft Word Processing software. At least one year of client service experience. Group facilitation and motivational skills. Demonstrated ability to assist individuals to make career decisions, prepare for, and enter employment. Persons who are veterans or possess the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) will be given additional consideration.
1. Plans and facilitates/conducts group workshops focusing on job search and life skills. 2. Conducts a comprehensive assessment to identify barriers to employment and program service options.
3. Assists clients to develope a meaningful Employment Plan for self-sufficiency.
4. Assists clients to successfully implement their individual plans for self-sufficiency goals.
5. Arranges for agency supportive services in program participation.
6. Directs customers to appropriate partner or utilizes external community resources and services to support client needs.
7. Attains or exceed prescribed performance standards on a monthly basis.
8. Maintains documentation of client case notes and progress related to their individual plans.
9. Develop prospective worksite for clients scheduled to enter paid or uncompensated work.
10. Interacts with County to coordinate services, conduct orientations, and monitor client progress.
11. Arranges training services and refer clients to training providers.
12. Interacts with customers to determine their service needs. Orients customers to the concepts, services, and layout of the Resource Room. Provides suitable coaching, reassurance, and motivation to customers who are tentative about self-service.
13. Maintains information systems equipment and materials to that Resource Room services are operational. Collects information about customer satisfaction to facilitate continuous service improvement.
14. Provides suitable coaching, reassurance, and motivation to customers who are tentative about self-services.
Other Responsibilities: Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Please post this vacancy announcement at all RMCEP offices. The RMCEP Application for Employment, resume, and cover letter must be received by 4:30 p.m. Central Time on Monday, October 8, 2018, to be considered. An RMCEP Application for Employment may be picked up at any RMCEP office or online at www.rmcep.com. To receive an RMCEP Application for Employment by mail, fax or e-mail, call 218-847-0712 or 1-800-492-4804. Rural Minnesota CEP, Inc. reserves the right to select those who will be interviewed from application information.
RMCEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program Provider Upon request, this information will be made available in an alternate form.
Distribution: One (1) copy each to: Hiring Authority, Director of Regional Initiatives, Program Managers, Office
Manager, Secretary II, IT Manager, Team Leaders, HR Specialist, Information Specialist and Bulletin Board.
Your Future is Our Business