Job Opportunity: MFIP Job Counselor
29 Aug 2018
Rural Minnesota program, Inc. CEP
803 Roosevelt Avenue • P.O. Box 1108 • Detroit Lakes, Minnesota 56502-1108
(218) 846-7400 • www.rmcep.com • www.facebook.com/RMCEP
Date: August 29, 2018
From: Vicki Leaderbrand
Position Number: 18-09 (Extended)
Re: Position Vacancy, Regular Full-Time Position
Position: MFIP Job Counselor
Location: Moorhead WorkForce Center
Hiring Authority: Arlyce Cucich
Address: Rural Minnesota CEP, Inc. Program Manager
715 N 11th Street, Suite 302 Moorhead, MN 56560
(218) 287-5060 SI (800) 500-8731 (218) 299-5871 FAX
Filing Deadline: September 12, 2018
Salary: Entry Level Grade 9 $17.34/hour to $20.04/hour
Primary Objectives of Position: Provide a variety of counseling services for the purpose of assisting agency clients to become self-supporting by planning for, securing and maintaining employment; to assist agency clients to meet MFIP participation requirements...
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in psychology, counseling, social and human services or commensurate experience. English language proficient. Must work effectively in a team-structured client services delivery system. Able to deal with people individually or in groups. Experience in working with groups and/or facilitatinggroup meetings. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Computer skills to include word processing, email, internet, and accessing information. No prior history of client abuse. Possess a valid driver's license and be able to travel locally, providing own means of transport.
Preferred Qualifications: Exceptional written, verbal, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills. Familiarity with computer programs for assessment or skills development. Knowledge of Workforce One, Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software. At least one year of client service experience. Demonstrated ability to assist individuals to make career decisions, prepare for and enter employment. Persons who are veterans or possess the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) will be given additional consideration.
1. Facilitates/conducts group workshops focusing on job search and life skills.
2. Conducts comprehensive assessment to identify barriers to employment and program service options.
3. Assists clients to develop a meaningful Employment Plan for self-sufficiency.
4. Assists clients to successfully implement their individual plans for self-sufficiency goals.
5. Arranges for agency supportive services in program participation.
6. Utilizes external resources and services to support MFIP client needs.
7. Attains or exceeds prescribed performance standards on a monthly basis.
8. Maintains documentation of client contacts and progress related to their individual plans.
9. Develops prospective worksites for clients scheduled to enter paid or uncompensated work.
10. Interacts with County to coordinate services, conduct orientations and monitor client progress.
11. Maintains knowledge and understanding of MFIP policy requirements.
To receive an RMCEP Application for Employment by mail, fax or e-mail, call 218-847-0712 or 1-800-492-4804. Rural Minnesota CEP, Inc. reserves the right to select those who will be interviewed from application information.
RMCEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program Provider Upon request, this information will be made available in an alternate form.
Distribution: One (1) copy each to: Hiring Authority, Director of Regional Initiatives, Program Managers, Office Manager,
Secretary II, IT Manager, Team Leaders, HR Specialist, Information Specialist and Bulletin Board.
Your Future is Our Business
I:ADMINHuman Resources-VLPV2018PV18-09 MFIP Job Counselor T-10 Extended.doc