Training Opportunities that will Take Your Business to the Next Level
An incumbent worker is a person who is currently employed and could benefit themselves and their employer by upgrading their skills through educational and training opportunities.
The Incumbent Worker Training Program is intended to offset a portion of the businesses’ costs to train and upgrade the skills of its incumbent workers.
With staff development help from Rural Minnesota CEP (RMCEP), you can afford to improve your workforce with skills and develop opportunities for growth within your company.
THINKING ABOUT TRAINING YOUR STAFF? WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP MAKE IT MORE AFFORDABLE!
- Industry or business-specific skills - New technical skills
- Upgrading computer skills - Human Resources training
- Leadership and management training - Training on new equipment
RMCEP may cover up to 90% of the Direct Costs of training your Staff depending on the size of your business!
Direct Costs Include:
- Instructors’ wages
- Curriculum development
- Training manuals/ textbooks
- Located in Minnesota
- Registered with the Minnesota Secretary of State’s Office as a business; including non-profits, government entities, school districts, and sole proprietors
- Be in continuous operation for 12 months immediately prior to the application submittal
- Not in the process of a layoff
- Match the grant with cash or in-kind contributions at the required level
- Demonstrate that training cannot be met alone