Employment & Training Services
Whether you are job seeking, looking to improve your current employment situation, or have been laid-off from your job, RMCEP can assist you with:
- Career Planning
- Skills Assessment
- Job Seeking Preparation
- Job Seeking
- Access to On the Job Training Opportunities
- Skills Updating
- Tuition assistance for training in a new career
- Assistance with obtaining a GED or High School Diploma
- Assistance with obtaining a National Career Readiness Certificate
- Support to help you in your job search or training activities
- Referrals to other agencies to find other assistance you may need
Our job counselors have latest information on what employers are looking for in today’s workforce. They are well-trained and are committed to helping you reach your goals. There are no fees to you for these services.
Public Assistance Employment and Training Programs
RMCEP provides employment services to people who are receiving MFIP services (Minnesota Family Investment Program), are at risk for receiving MFIP or are receiving SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program).
Participants work with a specialized job counselor to achieve their employment goals. Services include assessment, career planning and counseling, developing an employment plan, placement assistance, support and coordination of services and referral to other programs. The Diversionary Work Program (DWP) is a short-term program designed to provide employment services to families at risk of enrolling in MFIP to achieve economic stability.
Senior Community Service Employment Program
Senior Adults 55+
RMCEP offers special programming to low-income adults aged 55 and older. These services are designed to support employment opportunities in community service activities through paid temporary work.
- Skills Assessment
- Developing an Employment Plan
- Work Experience and On-the Job Experience
- Job Search
- Job Placement