Three Regional Employers Receive Inclusive Workforce Employer Designation
7 Apr 2021
Northwest, MN – The Regional Workforce Alliance (RWA) of Northwest Minnesota is proud to announce new recipients of the Inclusive Workforce Employer (I-WE) designation. The following organizations received the I-WE designation for their commitment to and development of an inclusive and equitable culture within their business and the region:
- Brainerd Family YMCA
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College
The I-WE designation was created In order to receive the I-WE designation, each participant had to meet four criteria set by the Regional Workforce Alliance:
- Express a commitment to an inclusive workplace in their stated values, mission or policies.
- Assess how diversity, equity and inclusion influence their work and culture.
- Provide diversity, equity and inclusion education for staff and leadership.
- Allocate resources to support and sustain an inclusive and equitable workplace.
The I-WE designation was created in partnership with the Community Workforce Inclusion Council (CWIC) of the Fargo-Moorhead area, whose mission is to champion a robust and diverse workforce that meets the needs of regional employers. The RWA, which awards the designation, is made up of business leaders, non-profit agencies and government representatives from a 26 county region in Northwest Minnesota. Employers with the designation will be promoted to career seekers throughout Northwest Minnesota's 11 CareerForce locations. For more information about the RWA and the Inclusive Workforce Employer Designation, visit https://www.rwa-nw.org/inclusive-workforce-employer.