Find A Job at a Job Fair this Spring!
30 Mar 2022
The story is consistent across the country: jobseekers are seeking better careers and employers need more qualified workers. Rural Minnesota Concentrated Employment Program (CEP) has been making that link between employer and jobseeker across a nineteen county area in North Central and West Central Minnesota since 1968.
Today, Rural Minnesota CEP and the Career Force offices throughout its areas have several in-person Job Fairs planned for this spring. Kelley Nowell, staff member at the CareerForce Detroit Lakes, says these events are like a “Jobseekers Buffet,” where those looking for a job can pretty much pick the situation best suited for them.
“Demand is extremely high in any and every industry,” said Nowell. “Employers are more flexible and accommodating than ever, in terms of hours, pay and other factors.”
Nowell is organizing the April 27 Detroit Lakes Area Job Fair, where she expects to have more than 50 employers needing to fill roles ranging from retail, healthcare and manufacturing to hospitality and resorts. Job seekers will be able to review multiple opportunities, whether they are looking for summer employment or a long-term career.
“These events are also an excellent way to explore different careers and learn if specific fields would be a good fit for them,'' said Nowell.
A schedule of upcoming job fairs is below. Jobseekers can contact Rural Minnesota CEP anytime for assistance in finding employment. Rural Minnesota CEP’s job counselors know what employers are looking for in today’s workforce and are well-trained to provide for adults, seniors and youth. One option to assist Rural Minnesota CEP is its Workforce Advancement Fund, which is designed to expand service delivery to individuals within its area who have employment and training needs but do not qualify for current programs. The Workforce Advancement Fund is accepting donations to Invest In People! Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Those interested in making a donation can contact Nancy Bisek at 1-800-492-4804, or visit any of our eight workforce centers to learn more about Rural Minnesota CEP. Donations can be made payable to Rural Minnesota CEP and mailed to the following address:
Rural Minnesota CEP Inc
PO Box 1108
Detroit Lakes MN 56502-1108
- Friday April 1 9:00am to 2:00pm
- Armory Arts & Events Center and outside on Second Street in downtown Park Rapids.
- 203 Park Ave S
- Park Rapids, MN 56470
- Registration for interested employers; $100 for a booth in the Events Center; $25 for space on Second Street.
- For more information, call the Park Rapids Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce at (218) 732-4111.
- Wednesday, April 27, 1:30pm to 5:30pm
- Kent Freeman Arena
- 1310 Rossman Ave
- Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
- Registration for interested employers
- Hosted by Rural Minnesota CEP & Careerforce
- Sponsored by Leighton Broadcasting and the Detroit Lakes Regional Chamber of Commerce
- For more information, call Kelley or Eunice at (218) 846-7377 or 1-(800) 492-4810.
FM Career Expo
- Wednesday, May 4 12:30pm - 3:30pm
- Delta Hotel Fargo,1635 42nd Street South, Fargo
- Employer Registration ($175)
- Sponsored by Job Service North Dakota, Midwest Radio Fargo Moorhead, Jobs HQ, WDAY -TV and Rural MN CEP
- For more information, contact Brenda email@example.com and (701) 239-7357 or Julie firstname.lastname@example.org and (701) 239-7304.