At RMCEP, the safety and well-being of our staff, clients, and community always come first. We are closely monitoring the CO-VID 19 pandemic and taking proactive steps to minimize the impact on our community.
RMCEP would like to share the actions underway at our organization in response to the current COVID-19 health crisis for our clients and communities:
- Beginning March 27, 2020, RMCEP teams will be available via phone and email to continue services for those who need us most.
- RMCEP is developing remote work capabilities for our team members. Clients will be encouraged to communicate through text, emails or telephone. We are confident that we have the technology and team in place to continue to serve you during this stressful situation. We are committed to helping you get back on track with your employment needs. We will continue to enroll new participants to support the needs of our workforce.
- DEED’s Unemployment Insurance (UI) program assists workers who can’t work, have their hours reduced or lose their jobs as a result of the pandemic. The UI program is prepared and ready to assist these workers. If you are unemployed or have your hours reduced, you may apply for unemployment benefits by visiting www.uimn.org.
- If you are unemployed or have your hours reduced, please apply for unemployment benefits by going online to www.uimn.org.
- If you have more questions regarding what services are available for you as an employee, employer or job seeker, please go to www.mn.gov/deed/newscenter/covid/workers/
- Information for both Employers and Employees can be found at www.careerforcemn.com